How to Rank #1 for High Volume Keywords, Information Gain Score, and Other SEO Strategies with Steve Toth
SEO expert Steve Toth is the latest guest on the Niche Pursuits podcast.
Steve has a long history in the SEO industry. He started in 2010 as a copywriter running a web development company blog, which led him on his journey into search engine optimization.
His expertise soon landed him a position as the SEO strategy lead for Freshbooks — a huge company that offers accounting software for people running their own business.
During the interview, Steve provided insights on what it’s like to be the leading SEO guy at such a vast company and his day-to-day work during his time at the multi-award-winning business.
He also shares his strategy for ranking number one for a keyword with 300,000 searches each month. He offers some pearls of wisdom regarding the information gain score, plus a unique angle on researching content for keyword strategy.
In addition to the above, the discussion also covers his new WordPress plugin called Gscore, set to launch in early 2022. The plugin works with the Google search console, highlights keyword phrases that need attention, and includes some really exciting features.
Some of the other topics covered include:
- SEO Notebook: the weekly curated strategy he sends out to over 10k subscribers each week for free
- PAA advice (People also ask)
- Information Gain Score (what it is and why it’s essential)
- How working for an SEO agency can help you to thrive, and what to look out for
- How to get organized for keyword research
- The biggest thing he learned working with SEO experts
- Hub and Spoke cluster strategy
- Featured snippets
- Plus much more
Resources and Links Mentioned In the Podcast
Watch the full interview: